Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Authorial catch up!

I apologize for not blogging more frequently! It's been a crazy busy month!

I had a fabulous time at the Gaithersburg Book Festival with Jessica Spotswood, author of Born Wicked. We talked about world building, outcast females, girl power, research and books we love. It was a great time!

I also had a author hero worship moment when I got to meet both Walter Dean Myers and his son Christopher Myers. Guys if you don't have We Are America in your bookshelves, you should! It is beautiful and brilliant and the illustrations by Christopher Myers is gorgeous! It should be right next to Harlem, which you should have in your bookshelves also! After introducing myself to them and mentioning that we had the same editor, the brilliant Phoebe Yeh, I was rendered speechless. It is not every day that you meet the National Ambassador for Young People's Literature and his talented illustrator/author son. 

I got to hear Mr. Myers speak and he was amazing! Funny, sincere, eloquent. It was such a pleasure. And then I got to go home where I found that my oldest had been playing around on her Instagram account and had made this photoset of me during my panel discussion. 
All I have to say about that is - Hey!

4 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds awesome, Ellen. Glad you're having a good time being a published author.

Charles Gramlich said...

Great photos. Always nice to meet writers you admire. Well, almost always.

Christina Farley said...

This sounds like a great time! So fun to see all the pictures.

playbazaar said...

Satta king
this sounds like a great time!

Search This Blog