Monday, October 27, 2008

Awesome Agent interview over at Cindy's!

Just want everyone to head on over to Cindy's blog for an awesome interview she did with her fabulous literary agent Bill Contardi. Everything I would want to say about him is covered in her post, so the only thing I will add is that I too feel incredibly fortunate to be represented by Bill. Not only is he an excellent agent with a great reputation, but he is a really lovely man whose warm and soothing manner is incredibly calming during stressful times.

And if you are wondering, yes, these are stressful times. Cindy mentioned that she lost weight during her submission period. Well, as you can imagine, this little piggy is having the exact opposite problem. You wouldn't know I'm stressed but for the perpetual chewing motion of my mouth and the matching twitch in my eye. At some point, I might have to put a patch over my eye and pretend to be a pirate. I am hoping and praying for good news before I gain so much weight they will have to cut the side of my house off to forklift me out.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

ello, the wait is torture. hang in there...!!!! GOOD LUCK and *hugs*!!! and thanks for the shout out linky!

Anonymous said...

woohoo for eating everything in sight!!! mmmmm!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I found the submission process stressful too, and there's more of it to come.

There's a cycle of expectation and excitement and stress that took me by surprise. You think you just need to get an agent, and your worries will be over. Then you need to get an offer, then everything will be cool. Then you need to get some blurbs, and all will be rosy. And now I'm thnking ahead to reviews and sales...

Still, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Ell!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Ello! I'm sure your book will be hailed as FABYOULUS! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh Ello, you are just like me. I have never understood women who lose weight when "stressed" - I mean just the subliminal message in the word...

Flip it around and it's desserts and that's where I head whenever I'm stressed out - to the frig for my soothing drug of choice: Cherry Garcia.

Keeping my fingers X'd for U.

Anonymous said...

1. Sit under a nice, shady tree or perhaps near some softly flowing water.
2. Push away all thoughts of mundania until they stay away.
3. Take a few nice, deep breaths & relax.

Anonymous said...

If you wear the eyepatch, just carry a chunk of fire wood around and address the log with strange and random comments from time to time. Then you will just be 'eccentric' not crazy.

.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I think it's really a good bit advice when folks say to work on a new project while you wait.

Anonymous said...

When I'm stressed, sometimes I'll eat everything, and other times I won't eat anything...lol. Just depends. You'll be fine with submissions, Ello. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'll check it out. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Comfort eating, eh? Well, just think of it like this, when you start to go on all those book tours, you'll be so busy running around that you'll lose all the weight. Hopefully all that happens before you find you can't squeeze out of the front door! ;-)
Good luck, Ello!

Anonymous said...

as clarification, i also do not lose weight when stressed. i tend to stress eat, too. i lost weight during the process cause i went to the gym A LOT to work off my anxieties. =) it did help tremendously!

Anonymous said...

Ello,

Did you hear what Cindy said!?!?!

Go to the gym and stop the violence! I bruise easily and my co-workers are getting very suspicious as I can only fall down the stairs so many times.

. . . help me!

Da' Man

Anonymous said...

I remember spending those first weeks hanging upside down from the rafters every night, muttering.

Anonymous said...

Ello - -

Thanks for herding me over to Cindy's site. What a wonderful agent you landed...just as you said. :)

Joy

Search This Blog